Shoe buying tips

Home Forums Help and advice Shoe buying tips

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  John Webb 3 years ago.

• Author

John Webb
    Participant

After spending a lot of time off the bike at the NoE Champs last weekend, I think it’s time to upgrade my footwear.  I’m currently using a 10-year old pair of Shimano M181 race shoes and they are fine on the bike, but just don’t hold my heel in place when running/trudging through the muck.

Found this review of some cross-specific shoes, but they are all pretty pricey apart from the Lake MX160s.  Anyone got any recommendations for MTB XC shoes suited to racing cross sub £120?  Would it be worth investing a bit extra?  Any features that make a real difference?

On a related subject, does the type of stud make much of a difference in certain conditions?  My current shoes came with studs like those on a football boot, but I can see there are a variety on the market – like these bad boys for example.

Thanks for any tips.

John

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close