Upgrade help

Home Forums Help and advice Upgrade help

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andy Wainwright 2 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Jared Jedynowicz
    Participant

I have a 2016 Giant TCX SLR 2 whith FSA cranks and BB, i’m looking to replace the front gearing with a single chainring but am not sure about needing a chain guide etc…. any advice?

Colin Deane
    Participant

Was planning on this too but from what I can see, the best option is a sram clutch mech with narrow wide ring, that means practically changing my whole groupset (unless someone knows otherwise?)

I’m gonna hold off this season in lieu of a new bike in the new year (i’m also still on cantis too)

Colin

Andy Wainwright
    Participant

Hello Fellas

I’ve been using the Absolute Black chainring. Used it all of last season and all races so far this season, use it with a 105 shortcage rear mech and no catcher……..so far encoutered 1 chain drop only. Awsesome!

Y’ can keep y’ garlic bread, single ring is the future.    http://absoluteblack.cc/cx-rings.html

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close